Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Weekend Over, and Day 19, P90X

We seem to spend Monday mornings around here in recovery mode. Do you have those Mondays? After spending the entire weekend working outside, the inside looks like a bomb went off in the middle of it all. The resulting disaster includes every room and surface. My desk...why does my desk take the full force of that disaster?? After cleaning all-weekend-neglected bathrooms, sweeping and mopping tile floors (oh my gosh), quickly picking up the family room, and finding the kitchen countertops...I am realizing that I've still barely scratched the surface around here. And add to that...for whatever reason, my head...it's killing me. Like migraine killing me. Trying to pretend I'm not sick to my stomach. Trying to pretend that at 10:42 am, attempting to be still on the couch does not translate to "avoiding school." The kids have occupied themselves with intensive make-believe...I think I'll send them to intensive research and writing...then a half-hour of quiet reading. Today, of course, is a day when much teaching and interactive activity must occur before horse lessons, for which we leave at 3:15 to make it on time...today is a day I wish I could call a substitute. Anybody??

Kenpo X this morning. Noticed last night as I got ready to shower after pulling down crazy vines from around the hot tub and raking piles of leaves and pine needles that...my arms and shoulders...you can see actual muscle. Legs too. Need to concentrate more on my abs (skipped the ab ripper workout three times total, and it's noticeable. lesson learned.) and be more careful about what I eat. I'm getting anxious about 4-week pictures next week, and look forward to seeing the positive changes that I already know are taking place...getting anxious about this Wednesday's weigh-in and measurements. Interestingly, that actually isn't even as exciting as how I feel (when I don't have a miserable headache--this is my first headache since starting this program, which is an accomplishment) throughout each day: Energized. Focused. Motivated. By 11, if I haven't fallen asleep on the couch, I need to climb into bed, which is crazy unusual for me, but I fall right to sleep, sleep through the night, and, generally, get up within 15 minutes of my alarm going off. Again...crazy unusual for me. If you have read my previous posts, you know that sleep and I don't often get along. I thought that getting up at 6:15 (when 7-7:30 is normal) would feel like punishment...it doesn't. I'm not complaining. But I am looking forward to recovery week starting on Wednesday. :) I won't argue with a planned rest.

Off to get things going. Maybe time for some excedrin. Maybe time for some food. Eating this often...I actually have to remind myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment