Monday, March 15, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook 3/14/2010

For Today, 15 March 2010

Outside my window...
darkness. a bit too cold for my liking tonight. but the hot tub is clean and heating up. thanks, Seth.

I am thinking... that though tonight, I feel exhausted, today's insanity resulted in serious productivity.

I am thankful for... my Mommalee. her birthday is tomorrow. :)

I am wearing... my Houghton sweatshirt (aka cake sweatshirt), purple cotton jammie pants, and crazy thick navy socks. nothing matches. it's almost bedtime. it doesn't have to match, right?

I am remembering... how good it feels to have a good workout routine...how good it feels to have consistent routines, period.

I am creating... plans for Palm Sunday and Easter services.
I am going... to call my mom in the morning and sing "Happy Birthday" loudly and off-pitch--it's tradition!

I am reading... Love and Respect, Eggerichs, Star of Light, and The Children's Homer.

I am hoping... that change does not come. I seriously need no change.

On my mind... our morning routine...it has rocked a little with my workout regime...need to get it under control. earlier bedtime, earlier wake-up, organized schedule...what was i saying up there about consistent routines??

From the learning rooms... Greek history and some mythology. :) this history, i can handle.

Noticing that... my beautiful landscaping will require much more attention than any other home i have lived in. ever. and a vegetable garden probably won't be an option here. sigh.

From the kitchen... threw all the frosting away...so that i wouldn't eat it by the spoonful over the next three days. otherwise, some old stand-by's that my family begged for...tuna noodle casserole, anyone?

Around the house... trying to eliminate the smell of dog urine in the sunroom...the moisture in the air over the past week has made it sooo noticeable...stupid previous owner's dogs. (not that our stubborn puppy is innocent, but this is ridiculous)

One of my favorite things... snuggling with my children in the mornings when they're still mostly asleep. they love it...i crave it.

Praying for... my voice to return to its normal state. difficult to do my job without a voice. difficult (for me) to worship without a voice.

A Lyric or two...
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Holy, holy is he
Sing a new song to him who sits on
Heaven's mercy seat

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come
With all creation I sing
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything, and I will adore you

A verse to share... I Sam. 12:24 But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

A few plans for the week... the beginning of spring cleaning, the continuation of P90X, no major birthday celebrations, and the usual craziness.


For more info or to get involved by writing your own Simple Woman's Daybook,
CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment