Friday, March 19, 2010

P90X, Day 16

Writing every day in weeks like this...obviously hasn't happened. Interestingly, this week has played out very differently than last week--no birthday parties to plan, no running around for supplies, no cakes to bake or houses to turn back into something acceptable after a week of avoidance (for good reasons, but still) before guests arrive. Still, adding at least an hour of exercise into my day, finishing school (and not blowing any of it off and adding it to next week), a full activity schedule for the kids, worship planning and rehearsal, and getting outside to enjoy some of this springtime beauty...somehow I just haven't had the time to update.

With birthday celebrations over the weekend (meaning elaborate cake decorating and activity implementation, of course), my workouts had to take a backseat. Additionally, I still haven't completely beat this cold. No Yoga on Saturday, and no Legs and Back or Ab Ripper X on Sunday (had to be at church at 7). So, Monday, I picked back up with Legs and Back, and Tuesday, Kenpo X. I think after Shoulders and Arms, Kenpo is my favorite workout...but then, that's not really surprising, and I may have mentioned that before. In an attempt to keep close to on-track even with missed days, I skipped the Stretch/Rest day, and moved right back to my regular schedule--Core Synergystics on Wednesday, Cardio X on Thursday, and Shoulders/Arms and Ab Ripper X today. I justify the missed workouts over the weekend a little bit by reminding myself that I also include two nights of karate practice during the week at an hour a workout...I kind of get doubles on those days, and it makes me feel better. I have to say...each day, I wake up ready to go. Waiting after I eat something before I exercise...torture. As Seth got ready for work on Wednesday and I began my workout, he walked through the family room and said, "You're enjoying this, aren't you?" :) Umm, yes.

Now. I completely blew off any semblance of an eating plan last week. I mean completely blew it off. Stepping on the scale and measuring on Wednesday, I had no idea what to expect. What I found was no weight loss...but I did maintain last week's weight...and frankly, that made me happy. Inch-wise...still losing. Which I find interesting. If I had done well with eating (and avoided the buttercream and doritos and three days in a row of pizza a bit more carefully), I can just imagine what last week would have looked like. Hopefully, this week will look more like what that could have looked like. We'll see. I'll keep you posted. Because, I'm sure you care and all. ;)

A few things I'm loving...feeling strong. Less squishiness. Clapping during worship on Sunday morning and feeling my arms getting stronger...not so jiggly (which has been a self-conscious issue for me in the past). Having to tighten things so that they fit. :) Looking forward to getting up in the morning (though I still can't quite just get up when the alarm goes off at 6:15. Sigh. Tomorrow.). I switched from dairy this week, though...thought my lactose supplement would help with the amount of dairy this eating plan requires, and it just doesn't cut it--kept feeling yucky, and it wasn't working for me. Ahh, the joys of lactose intolerance. So, instead of chocolate milk for my recovery drink...this week I switched to chocolate soy milk...yum. And soy milk on my cereal. I have to say...I think it works (as a recovery drink, I mean). Though I have been sore, I haven't been nearly as sore as during the first week. Could just be a matter of getting more fit. Though, every day, these workouts are equally challenging--changing it up every day really does have that benefit. You feel like you're working hard every single day. I can't believe next week it all completely changes again and it's time for a recovery week before completely changing AGAIN. :)

Maybe I'll be back tomorrow...state meet for gymnastics (level 9's and 10's) this weekend, and Dynamats hosts...so, parents are responsible...and I'm a parent, so I'll be timing vault for 3 sessions. Oh, joy. We'll see. :) Happy beautiful March weekend, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment