Monday, March 22, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook, 3/22/10

For Today, 22 March 2010

Outside my window...intermittent sprinkles...and peeks of sunshine.

I am thinking... about how irritating Drake and Josh really are. and how much more i like iCarly. yep. deep thoughts tonight. oh, and how glad i am that the migraine is just a dull ache at this point.

I am thankful for...a weekend full of projects that really, really needed to be done. and signal spring.

I am wearing... a fuschia scoop-necked, long-sleeved t-shirt, my favorite jeans, and soft, grey wool socks. it got chilly fast tonight.

I am remembering... my sweet neighbors who are attending the funeral of their 13-year-old "grandson." pray for Bill and Arlene and the boy's devastated parents and family tonight. additionally, the boy's grandmother died the morning after he did--the family is a wreck.

I am creating...a spring-themed cake for the women in my church celebrating their March birthdays tomorrow night.

I am going... to bed early tonight.

I am reading... Love and Respect, The Children's Homer, Treasures in the Snow.

I am hoping... for resolution.

On my mind... old friends.

From the learning rooms... decimals. borrowing. Greek history. Greek mythology.

Noticing that... like my friend Kendra's family, we ALL definitely need a school break. i think the week after Easter sounds good. what is wrong with the school districts around here??

From the kitchen... after a day with a migraine, left-overs, thanks to my dear friend, Leslie, who thought maybe i could use an evening off, and had hamburgers and hotdogs left from a dinner at church. i did make a yummy salad at lunchtime and pasta salad for dinner tonight, but...it was a pretty easy night.

Around the house... clean floors, almost-done laundry, a new cage for the hamster who kept getting attacked by her cage-mate...and fresher-smelling carpets. Odo-Ban. gotta love it.

One of my favorite things... the kids sleeping in the living room together. and sleeping until 8. i love that they sleep well wherever they are. especially when they're together.

Praying for...Bill and Arlene. and my parents as they keep their house spotless in hopes of selling it.

A Lyric or two...
I am strong all because of You
I stand in awe of every mountain that You move
For I am changed...yesterday is gone
I am safe from this moment on
There's no fear when the night comes 'round
I'm in better hands now
It's like the sun is shining when the rain is pouring down
It's like my soul is flying though my feet are on the ground
So take this heart of mine, there's no doubt
I'm in better hands now
-Natalie Grant

A verse to share...
But I will sing of your strength,
in the morning, I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble.
Psalm 59:16

A few plans for the week... cake for tomorrow, weigh-in and measuring on Wednesday, The Odyssey at the community theater on Thursday morning (I can't believe it's in town this week. Incredible timing. Although, we're not going to get through the book before we see the show...), recovery week with P90X, making a spring-cleaning list...and maybe checking a few things off, maybe seeing my sister-in-law and brother-in-law? we'll see.

For more info or to get involved by writing your own Simple Woman's Daybook,
CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment