Tuesday, March 9, 2010

P90X, Day 5

You may notice that I missed a day in there...trust me, it was for good reason. I practically hacked up a lung during the night on Saturday, and did lose my voice for Sunday morning's worship services...meaning that when I was scheduled to fill in for the first two services and lead worship, and sing on the worship team and sing special music for third service...yep...totally let everyone down. Needless to say, when the alarm went off at 5:30 Sunday morning to work out and make it to the church by 7:30...nope. Didn't happen. Soooo...picked up with Day 5 today. This just means that tomorrow, I do Day 6's workout, and Wednesday, I skip right over the stretch/rest day and back into Core Synergystics.

Today...Legs and Back. Legs and Back = lunges and pull-ups for an hour. This was a tough day. I could feel muscles pulling in uncomfortable ways while I did the workout, which means that tomorrow and especially Wednesday...I will be grateful not to be working on my leg muscles so much. We'll see, though. I know what's coming with Core on Wednesday. Still no idea what I'll be doing with Kenpo X tomorrow. :) It's karate of some description. And I have karate tomorrow night. :) :) :). My kind of day.

And in the mix today...I celebrated my boy's 8th birthday with my family...he asked for taco soup for dinner, ice cream at Sunset (he thought he wanted coffee ice cream, got it, hated it, and went for cotton candy...I was all too happy to take his coffee off his hands, though pretty sure I won't be sleeping tonight...), shopping for more star wars legos, and bowling. Sadly, the lanes were PACKED when we got there for open bowling at 9 (with almost a 2-hour wait for a lane), but we rescheduled and reserved lanes (not possible tonight) for Friday evening during their Asteroid Bowl...he's excited.

And tomorrow...Reasa turns 11. Sigh. I say every year that it's going so fast...I think this year the suffering is the most acute so far. She's turning into something other than just a little girl this year...my heart breaks a little every day with the realization of that, as much as I adore the young woman she's becoming. I miss my little girl. I plan, tomorrow, to embrace what's left of that, and love her even more as she continues to become...

No comments:

Post a Comment