Saturday, March 6, 2010

P90X, Day 4

Well, if it's a fluke, it's a long-running fluke. I'm down a pound from yesterday. A pound. Now, if I wasn't drinking nearly a gallon of water every day, I would quickly attribute this to a quick loss in water weight (and I know it doesn't work exactly like that, I'm just saying...). But for whatever reason...here I am. And I want to add here that last night, I had homemade fortune cookies with dinner and triple layer brownies for dessert...after eating full meals, and all my snacks and a protein shake throughout the day. Again...I am still shaking my head.

Interestingly, the cold I blame on my son has settled somewhere between my sinuses and my chest, so the knowledge that today's workout was Yoga X made me very, very happy--not bouncing or lifting or killing myself (and thus coughing or sneezing or snuffling much). He he...somebody forgot to remind me that nothing in P90X is easy or low-key (my sweet friend, Kim, told me that she knew last night, but that she didn't want to burst my bubble...)(thanks Kim!). The Yoga consists of an hour and 30 minutes of hard-core, intense yoga. I have played at Yoga before in other workouts...but this...dang. No playing involved here. Several times, I couldn't even attempt the actual pose--absolutely had to do the modification. They did one where you sit in a warrior pose then lean forward into it and reach to the ceiling, then you reach your front arm down under your thigh, and your other arm behind your back and lock fingertips...you look like a complete pretzel...I could touch my fingertips, and eventually grabbed them, but by that point, had been in warrior for so long that my thighs were on fire. I fell out of the pose, and stood there laughing. My second attempt looked a bit more put-together...but only a bit. What I keep finding so encouraging, however, is the fact that with each of the workouts, I still have an end goal...that by the end of the 90 days, I can come really close to doing what the experts on the screen can do. Today, I just hope that by the end, I can do it without falling over!! :) So far, I'm really, really pleased with the program, and with my "progress," four days in. In other workouts I have done, I have been able to pretty easily accomplish the whole thing the first day I did it. That has not been the case with ANY of these dvd's. :) Love it.

I will add, next time I do Yoga, Seth will not be in the same room. I will do it before he wakes up or something (because it falls on Saturdays all this month). There's something about having him question every term and pose name and reminding me that "hey, they keep their foot up high for a lot longer than you just did, you know that, right?" while I'm looking at the floor in downward dog (and not at the screen) and it's the 50th time I've stepped through to runner's pose and my thighs are screaming, and I keep thinking if Tony Horton says, "look at that, perfect form" one more time when he stands next to Shauna, I might throw something at the television...these things just do not lead to focus and calm for me. :) Ah, the things you learn as you go. No more boys in the family room during Yoga. Or dogs, either, for that matter (Maisie likes to crawl under my legs in warrior, I found).

I know this may not be why you're coming to my blog...for that I apologize...but this is where I'm at, and this is the only way I will write anything down. I promise, in the next few days, I'll get back to writing about something more interesting. This portion of my life is my current obsession, I guess. :) Would love to hear your comments on other things going on in your lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment