Friday, March 5, 2010

P90X Lean, Day 3

K, well it might have been a fluke, but if it was a fluke, we're on day number 2 of flukeyness. :) Now, with this said, I realize that weighing myself every day may not be your idea of healthy...I will say, everyone has different takes on this. If you listen to someone like Denise Austin, she tells you to weigh once a week...doctors may tell you every two weeks or once a month...Flylady recommends daily...I think it depends where you are. I plan to weigh myself every morning because, frankly, this plan is extreme. I want to see what's happening. I have a feeling I will find myself not thrilled with the results like this every single day...but I also guess that at some point, adding muscle will balance losing fat. We'll see. I still can't believe I'm adding about 1000 calories a day, and losing. Another 4/10 of a pound down this morning. .8 total. And today is day three.

This morning, I did Shoulders and Arms...see, now, when it comes right down to it, what I'm finding is that this workout takes me back to gymnastics in high school...weight training, cardio, flexibility, strength, core...all mixed up into different days; keeps you on your toes, keeps you guessing. I love the idea of "muscle confusion," (the basis of this program) but I think I love it because when I was in the best shape of my life, that's what I did, without even realizing it (thanks to my gymnastics coach). My muscles responded...I felt good. Today, I hurt. My inner thighs and backside are killing me...as in, I could barely walk when I got out of bed...and right now, three hours after this morning's workout, my arms and shoulders already feel tight. But, oh my gosh...incredible. I have to say...I don't ever intend to use the amount of weight the girls are using. I love that I completed this one with low weights...and I look forward to building to higher weights, but not anytime soon. And I need to add, here...I didn't sleep well last night--Bryson was up with an awful cough, and I feel like I'm coming down with whatever it is he and Lainie have...hopefully to a lesser degree. I think, grand total, I slept for about 4 hours. Tonight...I will definitely get the recommended 7 (if Bryson doesn't hack all night!). I absolutely can't wait for tomorrow. Yoga X!! :)

As for Ab Ripper X...woo hoo!!! I appreciate that completing the
number of reps right now (at the lowest level) totally didn't kill me...but I still have room to grow with the workout--the modifications offered throughout each video make it very adaptable for future fitness. Also appreciate that he encourages you to take breaks. Oh, man, will I hurt tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment