Monday, May 31, 2010

P90X Day 90

Day 90.  That looks....sooooooo good.

Memorial Day 2010 and we're hanging with my parents in NY.  You know you're committed to a workout and a plan when you bring your DVD's with you on your long weekend, pack an extra set of workout clothes just in case you decide to stay for an extra day, and get up at 6:25 on your day off so it doesn't mess with the family's picnicking adventures.  

Recovery week began last Wednesday with a weigh in and measurements (yay!!)...and a lightened schedule.  Well.  Mostly.  :)  On day 81, I added in some double workouts...running, eliptical, a couple of other crazy things mixed in...it struck me that I may never achieve the stomach I want without a little extra effort (translation: fat burning cardio)...so on non-karate days (when I already get my double), I run or do something else.  The interesting thing about running...in addition to the fact that I hate to run...the first day I jumped on the treadmill in...a very long time...I ran. I mean, only two miles...but rewind a sentence or so: I hate to run.  I got brave this week and added a little distance, and cut two minutes off each mile (he he...don't be too impressed there...I'm now running ten-minute miles). I don't know how consistently I'll run....I still don't love it...but you know your physical condition has changed when you can do something completely outside your typical workout routine, and not want to die (and it's a good reason to have to buy a new pair of sneakers...shin splints suck).  

90 Days.  I feel strong.  I feel fit.  My body has changed.  I see muscle everywhere.  Muscle I didn't realize was hiding under there.  My shoulders, my triceps, my back...my thighs and calves.  I will admit, however, I still struggle looking in the mirror...even when you shrink almost 4 inches around from your neck to your hips...the proportions don't necessarily change...so you see the same body you saw before.  I don't see a waist that's 3.75 inches smaller than it was 3 months ago.  But.  I love how I feel.  My pants won't stay on and even my belts are too big, but...I seriously love how I feel.  Tomorrow, I take after pictures and more importantly, repeat the fit test (after Yoga. :) ).  I can't wait to see how much that has changed.  I may never look like Dreya, and I may never be able to flip that darn yoga block the long way like Shawna does...but I'm going to keep trying. 

And in October...Insanity. :)

Will report final measurement totals tomorrow. 

Round 2...Classic P90X...starts Wednesday.  And today...a walk through the gorge...wonder how many steps you actually climb on that hike?  Looks like we'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment