Monday, May 24, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook, May 24, 2010

Outside my window...gray skies...but with the promise of 80's and sun. And the pool is almost clear...  

I am thinking... that 82 days has gone so quickly...can't wait for round 2!


I am thankful for... healthy, perfect, beautiful, well-adjusted, loving, compassionate, outgoing children.


I am wearing... white tank top, chocolate-brown bermuda length shorts. it's a horse lesson day.


I am remembering... thirteen years ago today, this moment...i was drinking Dunkin Donuts coffee, curling my hair, re-applying my make-up, and finding that my comb was sewn into my headpiece upside down, about to spill coffee on my white silk mary jane heels, all while my aunt and Seth's uncle snapped like paparazzi...getting ready for the biggest day of my life to that point. (and now, at the time of pushing "post," i was almost ready to walk down the aisle. posing for pics with mom and dad kissing my cheeks.)


I am creating... mock-ups of two wedding cakes.


I am going... mostly crazy. 


I am reading... the owner's manual for my palm pre.


I am hoping...  that the church's insurance company gets things taken care of quickly. 


On my mind... decorations for my newly painted bathroom.


From the learning rooms...  dividing decimals, borrowing and carrying review, animal classification, Assyrian history, drawing still life...15 days and counting.


Noticing that... a tidy house on a Monday morning brings much less stress for the week. as does a consistent workout schedule. hmm.


From the kitchen... plans for spaghetti and meatballs and Italian bread...


Around the house... neatness.


One of my favorite things... espresso.


Praying for... my sweet friend and her dear family. 


A Lyric or two...

The land unfit enough for planting
Barren enough to conceive
Poor enough to gain the treasure
Enough a cynic to believe
Enough a cynic to believe

Confused enough to know direction
The sun eclipsed enough to shine
Be still enough to finally tremble
And see enough to know I'm blind
And see enough to know I'm blind

It's just enough to be strong
In the broken places, in the broken places
It's just enough to be strong
Should the world rely on faith tonight?

-Jars of Clay, "Faith Enough"

A verse to share... 
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Romans 12:3

A few plans for the week... workouts (recovery week!), catching up on worship record-keeping, making the pool and the house sparkle, finding the top of my desk, enjoying a long weekend, dessert with friends on Friday, the normal sports/rehearsal schedule...

For more info or to get involved by writing your own Simple Woman's Daybook, 
CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment