Monday, May 10, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook, May 10, 2010

Outside my window...a deceiving day...it looks soooo much warmer than it is. go away, wind. you'll blow off all my blooming lilacs.

I am thinking...  altogether too much. about things that are too hard.


I am thankful for...cherished friends.


 
I am wearing... dark blue skinny cut, bootleg jeans, a turquoise dressy t, off-white cardigan, and freshly cut hair.


I am remembering... when things were simple and straightforward.


I am creating...a plan of action.


I am going... away with girlfriends this weekend...I hope.


I am reading... The Case for Faith, Lee Stroebel.


 
I am hoping...  that at the end of the tunnel, the light isn't a locomotive.


On my mind... my kids. their little hearts.


From the learning rooms...  evaluations and testing tomorrow. borrowing. multiplying decimals.


Noticing that... it's amazing how little you accomplish when all you can think about is...tomorrow.


From the kitchen... lasagna. french bread.


 
Around the house... clutter left over from an overnight with a 7-year-old. :)


One of my favorite things... strawberry shortcake. with berries fresh from Daddy's garden.


Praying for...clarity. wisdom. direction. 


A Lyric or two... 

Ride the wave, wave goodbye, and by the way did I mention today
That I don't know the way home
So could you take me by he hand and lead me to the drier land
So I can finally breathe again instead of sinking like a stone
And now I will diligently and not religiously but affectionately come
Before the throne of your grace in this place and seek your face
for all eternity and then some
 -Jimmy Needham, "Lost at Sea"

A verse to share... Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. James 1:2-6


A few plans for the week... school. evaluations/testing. normal sports. hoping for a weekend with the girls...planned for a long time. 
For more info or to get involved by writing your own Simple Woman's Daybook, CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment