Monday, May 17, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook, May 17, 2010

Outside my window...72 and overcast...but it's not raining yet, so i'm not complaining.  

I am thinking... about dear friends and sweet spirits.


I am thankful for... the ability to work hard and make plans to reach goals.


I am wearing... great jeans (thanks again, Sarah), a turquoise bloused, girly t-shirt, a-shade-lighter-than-the-shirt flip-flops and a silly grin.



I am remembering... that a year ago today, i was just beginning to unpack in a different house. again. and it wasn't this one.


I am creating... a cozy bathroom space, completely void of cherubic murals on the walls and figurines on my curtain rods.

I am going... to plan out some goals for the summer.  soon.


I am reading... still working through The Case for Faith. it's going to take a while.


 
I am hoping...  my knees don't hurt tomorrow.  or even that they don't hurt on Thursday. plyo with ouchy knees...no thanks.


On my mind... the realization that my girls...are growing up. fast.


From the learning rooms...  II Kings, multiplying fractions, more borrowing, finishing up our read-aloud, pretending we have more than 3 weeks to finish it all...



Noticing that... even the most amazing three children on the planet can wreak havoc in a home during a day when you allow them free reign while you work.

From the kitchen... breakfast for dinner.  Reasa making brownie cookies.  and a whole lot of clutter. because Lainie found all of the kid dishes in the garage yesterday. joy.


Around the house... a huge cushion fort in the living room (this is a theme lately), shredded wallpaper that the dog dragged all over the house while i worked, a ten-year-old who has forgotten that whineyness should end at...like...5. seriously.


One of my favorite things... conversation.


Praying for... peace. direction. patience. 


A Lyric or two...

What do I know of You
who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
but the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire are You fury?
Are You sacred, are You beautiful?
So what do I know...what do I know of Holy?

"What Do I Know of Holy" Addison Road

A verse to share... 
Psalm 71:5... "For You have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth."

A few plans for the week... finish the bathroom project, help friends fill up our garage so they can close on their house(s), sports, workouts, school, cake plans, and a softball game on Sunday. wish me luck. :)

For more info or to get involved by writing your own Simple Woman's Daybook, 
CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment