Thursday, June 3, 2010

Update

I clicked to my spaces.live blog this morning and noticed...no blog entries.  At all.  Examining a bit further, I realized that I haven't blogged at all yet this month (now, it's only the 3rd, so...I mean...maybe cut me a little slack), and I'm wondering if that's why my posts appear to be missing.  As far as I know, that hasn't happened before.  I think, generally, the most recent five posts show, or something like that.
 
All the more reason to get things switched over here.
 
I'll be working on that.  
 
In other news...after celebrating Memorial Day with my parents with a hike through Watkins Glen and dinner at Jerlando's (I know...very picnicky, right?), this week marked the beginning of summer's schedule.  Bryson and Reasa started daily swim practices on Tuesday evening (which I completely forgot about, and later realized that I hadn't put this in my calendar because they hadn't given us a formal schedule at sign-ups, explaining that they would be emailing the initial schedule before the season started. They sent the email on Tuesday night after the first practice. :) ).  We have cut back to one horse lesson a week, and have taken a break from karate to make room for swimming.  I will admit, they still haven't decided what they think about swim practices, but considering they have had no formal swim instruction, and this swim team actually competes with actual technique and actual timers...they need some work right off.  I have told them they need to attend at least the first two weeks, and we'll go from there.  Because I'm mean like that.  Lainie starts her summer gymnastics schedule June 14--when the swimming schedule moves to mornings, hers does too.  Monday-Thursday, 8:30-11:30. 
 
I have a feeling we're going to be tired by August.  Actually, I have a feeling we're going to be tired by the weekend.  Every weekend.  It's 8:15 and even Bryson, my earliest riser, is still asleep.
 
Our pool at home is sparkly and shining (it took us about a week and a half and three trips to the Warm Up Shop to get things under control there), the lawn is mostly green (except for the big yellow rectangle where Seth left the pool cover folded for too long...), the weeds have completely taken over the beautiful landscaping out front (I'll get on that today, I promise), the air conditioner is working much better thanks to our friend, Brock, and his expertise, the seeds are sprouting in the "garden"...and we're finishing up school so we can really enjoy our downtime.  
 
Ha.  That's funny.  Downtime. 
 
I can pretend, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment