Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weekends

I work through each week with the constant goal of Friday afternoon. Well, usually evening. If we can survive all the school, horse lessons, gymnastics practices, karate practices, rehearsals, meetings, unexpected trips to the store, expected ones, occasional appointments (when I don't forget I made them ;) ), cakes to bake, and work to plow through...Seth being out of town, Seth being back in town, remembering the schedule he thought he actually wound up having, rather than the one he planned at the beginning of the week...if we can get through all that, pick Laine up from the gym at 6:30, and get everyone settled in...

...we've survived till the weekend.

You may think that because we stay home, homeschool, and choose all of this staying-at-home business, the weekend would feel kind of relative to us.

You would be wrong.

And the thing is...an ideal weekend for me does not include running all over, either accomplishing something or finding something interesting to do. I would so much rather spend the weekend jumping on the trampoline, doing something to the house, tearing a project apart and putting it back together (or not. he he), cleaning like crazy so I don't have to catch up from the chaos of the weekend on Monday, planning and preparing delicious meals, maybe having a family of friends over Friday or Saturday evening...and not doing anything remotely productive for a large chunk of time somewhere in the process. If I have to spend the weekend thinking or planning or doing...or especially thinking and planning and doing all at the same time...I think I'd rather have the week back, thank you. The weekends when I wish it could just get to Monday already...not my favorites. And I have lots of favorites.

Can it just be Monday? Actually, can it just be next Monday?

Pretty please, with a cherry on top??

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate! Sunday afternoon/evening needs to be low-key, or I feel like I've lost my weekend entirely. Saturday is get stuff around the house done day IF we're home. This weekend was pretty good, but next weekend won't feel like a weekend at all. It already makes me feel tired. :(

    ReplyDelete