Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ultimate Blog Party!

Happy Blog Party!!
You know, I could use a party today. I think a virtual party will do nicely. :)
(Since I can't make that little button link to anything, here's the link: http://www.5minutesformom.com/19667/ultimate-blog-party-2010/)
Today, I stumbled on a new blog through another "friend's" blog...and this is what I found. A party! Right in the middle of www.5minutesformom.com (which I intend to digest fully in the next several days). So, in party-fashion--you know the kind...where you don't really know anyone and nobody really knows you--let's get to know one another!
I'm Mindy (well, technically Malinda, but nobody calls me that. Except my dad. Since he gave me the name, he's allowed.). I'm a stay-at-home, homeschooling-for-the-last-8-years mother of 3, very part-time Worship Arts Director, cake designer/maker, "soccer" mom (although none of my kids play soccer ;) ). I love my life almost every single moment. My kids--Reasa (11), Laine (10) (yes, they're 11 months apart), and Bryson (8)--are my joy...and we pray every day that someday there will be one more. My husband shakes his head (and says, "you're all nuts." My blog is nothing more interesting than a gathering place for my often scattered thoughts...thoughts that 15 years ago, I would have put on paper, and now simply don't have time to physically write down. Before I had Reasa, I taught in a classroom. Several, actually. I never intend to do that again. I also had big dreams of finishing my masters degree, and eventually earning my PhD in Children's Literature in hopes of qualifying myself to become a children's author. Since then, I have learned that children's authors...are more often just born, not educated. And I may never have what it takes to write books. And I'm ok with that. Instead, I blog. Sometimes regularly, sometimes not so much. And if you're looking for a theme...well, "random" is about as close as you'll get.
My current adventures: My Father's World, Creation to the Greeks is our curriculum of choice, with a smattering of additional resources including Singapore Math, Spelling Power, readers and read-alouds from the Sonlight book lists, and other things that we incorporate here and there. Gymnastics, Karate and Horseback Riding top our activities list, keeping us extremely occupied every single night. We jumped into Awana (which just ended for the year two weeks ago) for the first time last fall, made our first trip to Disney last October (and next time, we'll do it better), and we adopted our sweet Golden Retriever Puppy, Maisie in November after losing our 12-year-old Chelsea (we also have a 3.5-year-old Cairnoodle, Chani, whom we adore). We also keep giant fancy teddy bear hamsters, little white mice, ants, and sea monkeys, and are game for just about any small animal other than snakes. Or cats. I started a journey with P90X (the workout program you see on infomercials--yes, it works) about 38 days ago, so if you scroll down through the archives, you'll find I've lived there a lot lately.
And that's a lot of who I am.
I started blogging about 4 years ago. I blog about everything. And I honestly don't expect anyone else to be interested in any of it (especially this whole P90X thing!!). Since it's so scattered and not remotely focused, I don't actually expect anybody else to even read it, but I am assured that I have about 10 faithful readers. Mostly family members. :) What I have discovered since starting to blog, however, is just how many other people blog like I do...and I love to read their writing. Since my husband works out of town...a lot...blogwalking while he's away gives me an opportunity to occupy my mind when I can't sleep. So if you're reading my blog...I'm probably reading yours too. ;) Welcome to my little piece of insanity! Thanks for stopping by.
So enjoy the blog party! Off I go...maybe to find you in the blogosphere!!
Per UBP guidelines...I'd absolutely love to win...
1. #11--$100 gift certificate at restaurants.com
2. #39--free 2-night's stay at the Hilton Garden Inn
3. #51--lilebaby EveryWear carrier
4. #72--Your Shape for Nintendo Wii
5. #105--Get Fit Pack with Jillian Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment