Thursday, April 22, 2010

Moments

I look at my life in snapshots...quick glances...unanticipated clicks...those are my favorite moments. The ones where the camera catches something I didn't necessarily expect to see. I'm always struck by those moments.

So much of my life is planned...expected. I live it that way intentionally, so that I make the most of each second, deliberate not to waste an opportunity, miss an appointment, look past a minute where something meaningful happened. I live it that way on purpose.

But sometimes, the moments I catch surprise me. Sometimes I'm struck with something I didn't expect to see. Something off in the corner of the shot catches my eye...and I realize it would have been just as easy to miss as to catch...

...and I'm so grateful I didn't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment