Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ahh, the truth about homeschoolers...

One of my favorite blogs to follow every day is titled Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers...and the author, Kris...I think she and I would be friends (although, I think she has many, many blogoshere friends, and I might be juuuust obscure enough that she has no idea who I am. And that's ok. :) ) She just has so much great stuff to say, and she says it well. Actually, she has so much great stuff to say that she says it in at least 3 blogs that I know of--if you read her Eclipsed blog a couple of weeks ago when I sent you there, that's her, and the Homeschool Classroom blog is her collaborative effort with other homeschooling moms. Anyway, I'm referring you to her blog today, and it's especially appropriate if you're homeschooling (and super funny, even if you're not). She talks in today's entry about the "Top 5 Ways to Ensure that Your Homeschooled Kid is Weird and Unsocialized," and being that this is honestly the most frequent question that I receive from people who find out that I homeschool ("how do you make sure they're socialized??" asks the parent at the gym where my daughter spends 10 hours a week working out with 25 other girls her age), I think it's incredibly appropriate. I'd love to hear what you think.

I'm still giggling (and when I read it to my kids...they were too).

No comments:

Post a Comment