Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tagged!!

I have, once again, been tagged...but I have to say, I've never actually been tagged this way--actually, she said...it's an award!! :) My friend, Amy, one of the women whose blogs I read daily (and yes, she writes nearly daily...if you're looking for somebody who will inspire you, encourage you, and is consistent about it...she's your girl. :) ), tagged me in this blogging game. Check her out here. She's pretty wonderful.
So, here's the deal...I have to blog seven things about myself in this post, and then tag seven people who get to do the same. Read to the end...you might just find your name. Don't have a blog yet?? Good time to start one!! :)
Seven things. Can I just mention how hard this is to start??
1. I have a mild obsession with fondant and gumpaste. I look at a flower and think: "I'll bet I could make that out of gumpaste." There are times when I never want to try it again after doing it once, but I always want to try. Want to read something funny? Check out this really old post.
2. I was much better at mothering toddlers than I am at mothering tweens. I adore them equally, but I'm pretty sure I'm ruining them for life at this stage of the game. I'm fairly certain that every mother feels this way at some point in the mothering process. If your forte is tweens, I want to be your friend. Please.
3. I procrastinate. With proficiency. As a matter of fact, I'm sitting here right now procrastinating. Want to know what I'm avoiding? Here's the short list: planning this weekend's worship, calling members of the worship teams, calling the sound man for our all-church event, formalizing decoration plans for the event, building mediashout presentations for said event, putting my children to bed, folding the load of laundry that just buzzed in the dryer, cleaning the rest of the kitchen from dinner, letting the dog outside again, looking over the kids' math, unpacking boxes still in the garage...and yes. That's the short list.
4. I can always find the missing tv remote. And the car keys. And the wallet/cell phone/shoes/belt/hair tie/webkinz/blanket/bink (as long as their not mine. That's different.). I take great pride in this. I have no idea how this ability developed, but I like having it. It always creates awe and wonder in the item's owner. You know, the one who stormed through the house for five mintues yelling, "Has ANYONE seen my (fill in the blank) ???" after looking calmly for about 20 seconds then resorting to panic. You've met him/her before, haven't you?
5. I also have magic powers with laundry and stains. Ask my kids. They have nearly stopped having fits when they spill ketchup and tomato sauce and mustard (ooo, that's a hard one) or skid across the lawn in their favorite capris (or jods. ugh). Because they realize that "mommy is magic" (their words, not mine). It makes me giggle, frankly. I mean, I'm good with stains, but magic? Wow.
6. I used to be a perfectionist. Now...I'm a realist. I still have my glitchy perfectionist tendencies when it comes to certain things (my bathrooms, for example. Swished and swiped daily. And my son cleans the mirrors. :) ), but other things have gone by the wayside (WHERE is my desk???). Someday when my kids are grown and out of the house, and my pets are all house broken, and school doesn't take place in my house on a daily basis (and no room holds the title "classroom"), and the only books I need to keep on hand are for the grandies and whatever I intend to read all by myself, I will, once again, concern myself with vacuuming daily and making sure the couch pillows don't have tears, and clutter all has a home and the dishes are in the right cupboards. For now...I have bigger fish to fry. Like...making sure there are sheets on everyone's beds each night. And that everyone has at least two pairs of clean underwear at any given moment. And that the fridge and pantry contain edible food. And that we're not more than 5 minutes late to any given sport or activity.
Sigh.
7. I actually care about politics. Sadly, I don't have time to keep track of them. Other than the 10 minutes I spend reading the top stories on foxnews.com...or listening to the random tidbits I catch in the car with Seth on the weekends...Seth always says, "Min, you need to listen to the news or read a newspaper or something." I know he's right. But, dang. Priorities. Some day. Right about the time I have my house perfect. Then I'll actually have a clue what might be in the healthcare bill. In the meantime, I'll take his word for it.
Phew!
OK...now for the tagging...Kendra, Amy, Stacy E., Heather, Kim D., Paige, and, umm, Mom. :) GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment