Monday, November 22, 2010

Something New

So how do people actually respond when they go through life-change like divorce??  

Well, from what I've watched in my limited experience with people who have divorced, some people do something that's just about them: get in great shape.  Diet.  Become vegetarian.  Some change their lives completely.  New job, new city, new house, new car.  Some get a tattoo.  Take a vacation.  Hole up in their bedroom for weeks or months and cry.  Party and drink irresponsibly.  Date people who are exactly the opposite of their former spouse.  Some even function just like normal with absolute stability until everyone is taken care of and transitioned and adjusted, then fall dramatically to pieces.  

Me? 

Yeah.  I'm learning to play chess.  I mean, seriously...I have all this time on my hands in the evenings when I'm not sleeping...why not do something useful?  And...since I have to teach the kids how to play this spring as part of our Rome to the Reformation curriculum, I should probably know something about strategy, right?  

I just need to find someone who will play in the middle of the night...

2 comments:

  1. This is so "you" - OF COURSE you're learning to play chess! *wink* Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grinning from ear to ear. Chess sounds perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete