Monday, November 8, 2010

Blogging

I'm blogging.  I make no promises regarding this post...none at all.  Blogging has taken a back seat to the rest of my life over the past three months.  For those of you who have been chomping at the bit (HA) waiting for a post, I apologize.  Truly.  Today is about biting the bullet and getting it out there...no more putting it off.

In the past, I blogged to remember things I didn't want to forget.  To leave something behind to commemorate what had happened in our lives...primarily because typing happens so much more quickly than writing.  My journals went by the wayside when babies came along (and really before that, because life turned into teaching and living...as it should have.)...so...I blogged to keep track of what kept happening in life, despite my lack of time to physically write it down.  When things have gone crazy, I have slacked on my blog, but...I have always come back to it.  Blogging has been a respite...a place to find my sanity as I babbled through it.

Such has not been the case over the past three months.  I have six or seven 2- or 3-sentence-long posts in drafts that sat completely untouched in that amount of time.  That's all I could come up with.

See, even in the past when things have been tough, I have wanted to remember that we made it through them.  I have wanted to tell, even without detail, that we were making it.  That God had provided for our needs.  That through whatever garbage we struggled, we had struggled through.  And it's not that we're not making it through it right now...we are...it's just...so much.  More than I've wanted to share.  More than I've wanted to admit.  More than I've wanted to blog.  I'm really still there, to be honest, but...here I am.

In three to four months, the divorce will be finalized.  The past three months have brought us to that point.  The kids and I moved in with my parents while we make the transition, and we'll find our own place, hopefully within a few months.  We haven't worked out all the details...they're all a bit overwhelming at this point...but we're getting there.  That has become my very least favorite statement in the world over the past year or two:  "We'll get there."  If I never hear it or say it again...I'll be fine with that.

If you pray, please pray with me.  For peace and comfort for my children who didn't see this coming, and don't know what to do with it.  For wisdom and protection for Seth and me as we figure it out.

I want to blog more consistently...I should just caution you...it may not be fun reading.  It probably won't be fun writing.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mindy. Totally praying for you and your family. Wish I was closer and could hug on you... ~Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're blogging again. I was just thinking the other day that it would be cathartic for your right now (as it often is for me). I love you, dear friend. Whatever your thoughts are, good or bad, I'm here to read them and pray with you through them.

    ReplyDelete