Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Outside my window...gloomy, but warm, with raindrops currently falling. 60 on November 23? wow.

I am thinking...that i'm grateful for the warmth...it could be -10.  it's not.
 
I am thankful for... Christmas music and the scent of "mystery pecan pie" candle floating through my house.
 
I am wearing...an olive green cardigan, white fitted tank, and comfy jeans (with thick, wool socks)
  
I am remembering...Thanksgivings past...and how different this year will be.

I am creating...a plan of attack for tomorrow's baking madness.

I am going...to enjoy every moment with my family on Thursday.

I am reading...The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
 
I am hoping...i find more motivation today at some point, and that i'm over my cold by the time everyone gets here.
 
On my mind...my babies' hearts.

From the learning rooms...lessons on long bones, the names of the bones of the skeleton, early Christianity and martyrdom, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader in anticipation of the movie, division by two digit numbers, and massive review for Bryson, every increasing vocabulary lists, latin words.

Noticing that...my attitude completely determines what the day looks like.
 
From the kitchen...plans for two birthday cakes, a pecan pie, sweet potato casserole, a turkey for the day after Thanksgiving, and crazy dessert ideas for the youth group's Elegant Dessert Auction next weekend.

Around the house...there are 5 dogs in this house. the house always looks like there are 5 dogs. and the rest of it looks like we plunked ourselves down here and...all of our stuff blew up. my poor parents.

One of my favorite things...planning for holiday crafts with my kids and nieces and nephews. splurging on all of my favorite foods.
 
Praying for...peace.

A verse to share..."You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you." Isaiah 26:3
 
A lyric or two... 

Trust You, Brandon Heath

I can't walk without watching where I'm going
I can't speak without knowing what to say
I can't love and have any hesitation
Cause I know that you don't work that way

I can't reach without something to offer
I can't come now I'm so ashamed
I can't hold out from you any longer
Cause I know that you don't work that way

I'm not going to fight you anymore
Not gonna try to lock the door
You took your life and gave me yours
There's no reason why
I shouldn't trust you with mine

It's never easy changing my direction
It's so unnatural to loosen up my grip
Are you growing weary of all my good intentions
Cause I know you don't work that way

I'm not going to fight you anymore
Not gonna try to lock the door
You took your life and gave me yours
There's no reason why
I shouldn't trust you with mine

Some days this weight upon my shoulder is my shame
I know I should know better cause you say
That I must now surrender
There's no other way


A few plans for the week...umm, it's Thanksgiving week, people. what do you think??  the kids spend Friday and Saturday with their dad...so...think of me if you would...those are hard days.

1 comment: