Monday, June 28, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook, June 28, 2010

Outside my window...it's dark and dreary out there, but we need the rain, and i'm hoping for thunderstorms. the turning-brown lawn is making Seth crazy.  

I am thinking... that i should put off less and plan ahead more.

I am thankful for... air. conditioning.

I am wearing... white t-shirt, fun, floral-print summery skirt..

I am remembering... how simple (and busy) life was when they were little and wanted me to find things for them to do.

I am creating... an organized glimpse into the girls' 5th grade year to turn in to the school district tomorrow.

I am going... to spend the summer running children hither and yon.  and making cakes. :)

I am reading... The Omnivore's Dilemma, Michael Pollan.  if i continue reading at the rate at which i'm currently reading, i might finish it by August.  

I am hoping...  that Lainie gets her optional floor music soon. she's had enough discouragement for one season and needs a pick-me-up. 

On my mind... more than i plan to share in a daybook post.

From the learning rooms...  cleaning!  it has to happen this week. i'm going crazy. (like that's something new)

Noticing that... we can completely clean the entire house to company-ready in 20 minutes when the whole family pitches in.  funny how that works.

From the kitchen... Mondays are totally pasta days...spaghetti or lasagna?

Around the house... i'm always intrigued by how the weather affects the mood...gloomy weather = quiet, still kids.  

One of my favorite things... pictures of my kids.  talented family members who share them with me.

Praying for... wisdom.  amongst other things.  

A Lyric or two...
It's hard to argue when
You won't stop making sense
But my tongue still misbehaves and it
Keeps digging my own grave with my


Hands open, and my eyes open
I just keep hoping
That your heart opens...


A verse to share... And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God. Philippians 2:9-11

A few plans for the week... finishing up recovery week, starting Phase 2 again, sports with the cherubs, possibly having my family here to visit for the weekend (yay!!!)


A picture thought...








Aren't they gorgeous?


























For more info or to get involved by writing your own Simple Woman's Daybook,  CLICK HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I like getting these little glimpses into your life and thoughts! Would love to hear more about whatever's simmering in that head of yours (that's too much to share in daybook entry :) )
    Enjoy your grey Monday!

    ReplyDelete