Thursday, June 3, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook, 6/3/10


Outside my window...a cool breeze blowing (pretty hard, actually) through the trees...and through my windows.  and birds.  noisy birds.  

I am thinking... about tomorrow.

I am thankful for... a house that gets messy. because it means i have a house that was once and will again be clean, and three blessings who mess it up for me. 

I am wearing... what i wore to work out this morning...white tank top, grey shorts. shower time.

I am remembering... promises I made.

I am creating... memories with my kids. every day, i hope.

I am going... to fold a load of white laundry, make french toast for my boy, wake up the girls, and clean the house. 

I am reading... A Wrinkle in Time, Madeleine L'Engle.

I am hoping...  that the crunching i keep hearing in my knee goes away

On my mind... oh, gosh. where should i start?

From the learning rooms... the learning room looks like a bomb hit. looking forward to finishing up this school year so i can reorganize and make good decisions about next year's plan of action.  curriculum research begins this weekend.

Noticing that... apathy doesn't work.

From the kitchen... french toast. and very little else today.  Thursdays are running-around days.

Around the house... blankets and pillows and cushions...kids sleeping in each other's rooms means relative disaster everywhere. how does that work?

One of my favorite things... teva tanlines.

Praying for... peace. 

A Lyric or two...
 
Whenever I climb too high, keep my feet off the ground
And when I get full of me turn me upside down
You know pride and not just sorrow come before the fall
So if it's you that's getting bigger, I don't mind being small

-Jimmy Needham, "Being Small"

A verse to share... 
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord.  Jeremiah 29:12-14.

A few plans for the week... planning worship. Lainie's last level 4 gymnastics meet this weekend. a few hours by the pool.  building...something.

For more info or to get involved by writing your own Simple Woman's Daybook, 
 
CLICK HERE.

1 comment: