Sunday, May 29, 2011

Insanity: The Asylum. The New Adventure Begins

Today was the Fit Test for this next round of craziness.  I was so nervous when I woke up this morning that (1) I woke up before the alarm went off. Like an hour before. (2) I laid in bed for 15 minutes, absolutely wide awake, and couldn't convince myself to get up. I have built this up in my mind to the point that...I had almost convinced myself I couldn't do it.

Silly. I've done Insanity 3 times. I've got this.

Agility Heisman: I tripped over the ladder and skipped spaces and jumped over the thing so many times on the first time through, I just rewound the thing and did it again. 9.5

In & Out Ab Progression: I felt like I was maybe the most prepared for this one...though I did trip over the end of the ladder twice. It sucks to have to take those reps out because you know if Shaun T was standing there he'd be like "Nope. That one didn't count." Jerk. 51

Pull-Ups/Push-Ups: I did the Lat Push-Ups because I hate Pull-Ups. 29

Mountain Climber Switch Kicks: Yeah, those are as hard as they sound. Since I hate switch kicks all by themselves almost as much as I hate Power Jumps (which I heard are coming from a squat this round), I was pleased with my number: 90

Agility Shoulder Taps: I think speed is key on this one. If I had moved a little faster, I could have gotten more in and still not felt any worse. Better next time. 5

X-Jumps: Thank you, Chalene, for prepping me for these. I took too many breaks along the way in this one. Should have done better. 31

Moving Push-Ups: Blech. 4

Agility Lateral Shuffle: I actually felt pretty good about my agility on this one. And I lack coordination. And that may be a dramatic understatement. 14.5

Agility Bear Crawl: I was dreading this one because Traci Marrow (hello, P90X Plus/Beachbody goddess) said she felt awkward doing this move. I didn't think it was that bad. But then...I don't expect every move to be perfect for me. That may not be true of her. ;)  12

Overall, I finished it sweating like a maniac, and semi out of breath, and feeling like I got a workout. I have a feeling tomorrow's Speed and Agility is going to absolutely kick my butt, but I'm not quite as afraid of the workout anymore. My quads are still kind of dead from yesterday's run, but that didn't totally wipe me out either. It feels so completely different to have a body that's used to endurance-type activities. Now if I can just get my tummy to cooperate.

Going with the Getting Shredded eating plan...time to have 300 calories worth of protein and a starch. :) Happy Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment