Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 2

Asylum, Strength: Calories burned, 265
Average Heartrate: 118

I loved the same things about this workout that I loved about P90X when I did that all the way through. I feel STRONG when I do it. Like I can push those weights the number of times that I'm supposed to push them, and it's building and strengthening the muscles it's supposed to build and strengthen. I feel like my muscles are getting tighter and stronger and leaner even after the first workout. What I wound up not loving about P90X was the fact that it felt repetitive...a traditional weights workout, where you did 3 sets of 15 exercises, then 3 sets of 15 more, and so on....boring. Though you are going on the same principle with this strength workout, it's different--Shaun T changes it up with each set, adding on like an aerobics routine. And by the next time I do the strength workout (next week some time?) I will have forgotten most of it, and it will feel new again. Plus, I huffed and puffed my way through it because not only are you doing curls and presses...you're jumping with the weight (which I have to admit scared me a bit at first...I wouldn't consider myself the most coordinated person on the planet). I hope that is a benefit of this program for me. I have felt stronger and more coordinated as I've done all of my beachbody programs, that's for sure, but this program could actually target my coordination. That would be a benefit for me. I have good balance, but not fantastic coordination.

I loved that I could go for the entire minute on most of the exercises without taking a break. I loved that I could push for the entire minute on the push-up drills. I love that my muscles are truly fatigued right now...and it's all I can do to keep my hands on the keyboard. I will say that my lower back and my lats are really sore  from yesterday's workout (or yoga on Sunday night? not sure). I should have used recovery drink yesterday. Duh.

I am going to be sore tomorrow. Very sore. I'm guessing my abs and my shoulders and my biceps, more than anything. Recovery drink now, Relief before bed tonight. 25 minutes of stretching and yoga...I'll take that any day. Taking my "after" Insanity pics and "before" Asylum pics today...we'll see.

Asylum...so far, excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment