Monday, January 17, 2011

The morning after...

Last night, Studio 180 held their Holiday Open House, and invited me along for the celebration...(check out the studio here, and his website here)(if you need a photographer, seriously...he's your man)...or rather, they invited SweetCakes along for it's first professional exposure experience.  I baked up a storm, decorated like a maniac, prepared and brainstormed and planned and spent waaaaaaayyy too much money...but had SO much fun doing it.  I think, all in all, it turned out very well, judging by overall responses, the multiple return trips to my table to sample the cupcakes and cheesecake truffles again, and the phone call from Paul this morning...congratulating me and telling me how everyone raved after I left.  Honestly...it felt good.  I knew what I was doing.  I walked in prepared.  And the 4 other bakers (who work out of their own bakeries)...didn't completely show me up (that was my fear).

I need to thank my sweet friend Karen, who sacrificed her Sunday afternoon and evening to join me in my last minute race-for-the-finish to get everything done--she painted pearlized swirls onto 15 or so stamped fondant cupcakes, and provided the jewelry to perfectly accessorize my little black dress.  :)  I so appreciate her.  She also kept me awake on the 2 hour drive home from Rochester, which I appreciate as well.  Also, I need to thank my parents for sacrificing their kitchen, as well as the rest of their house, for the week while I worked on this process.  You should see this place.  I'm currently avoiding it...because on the day after the madness...that's really all you want to do. ;)  I'll get to it.  I promise.

My brother took amazing pictures for the night, and I'm sure I'll get my hands on them eventually (when I do, I'll show them to you), but here are a couple to be a complete show off. I took them on my phone, so yes, they suck...but you'll get the idea.




Now, please excuse me while I go eat a leftover cupcake.   600 teeny tiny cupcakes may have been a bit of overkill.  But...I didn't run out.  And that was the point. :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG... I am DROOLING.... Yummy! They look amazing and I'm sure they taste even better! I think you should mail some to Jersey. :)

    Congrats on the success you had at the show... It is definitely well deserved!!! Now GO WORKOUT! HAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete