Monday, September 19, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook, 9/19/11


Outside my window...it's freezing! time to take the air conditioner out of the window and think about where i put all of my long sleeved things...

I am thinking...that today will be our Sabbath. perfect timing with sick kids and a momma who refuses to get sick.

I am thankful for...my amazing parents...and forty years.

I am wearing...green hoodie, skinny jeans, cuffed, white tank.

I am remembering...that today is a gift. even if it's a monday.

I am hearing...the dishwasher run...because i forgot to turn it on before bed last night.

I am creating...order and peace in my house early today.

I am going...to do a 3-day shakeology cleanse, starting this morning. i already feel good just knowing i'm doing it. 

I am reading...recipes. and cookbooks. 

I am hoping...that she doesn't push every one of my buttons today.

On my mind...due dates.

From the learning rooms...zoology, capitalization, explorers, King James, printing practice, times tables (oh, do we need the review).

Noticing that...if my feet are cold, so is the rest of me. this is an every-fall-type of lesson. 

From the kitchen...all things apple. we brought home 38 pounds yesterday. and tea....my fall drink.

Around the house...leftover chaos from a weekend of relaxing and partying at my parents' house. does your house get trashed even when you go somewhere else?? also...the whistling radiators. hate the thought of paying the gas company...love how they warm up the place.

One of my favorite things...jeans weather.

Praying for...contentment.

A verse for you...Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. (yes, i kept the same verse from last week. it is a good reminder for me.)

A few plans for this week...75 gumpaste ladybugs. 200 cupcakes. and a Ming Ming. karate soon?

If you enjoy dwelling on the simple things in life and want to participate in this, CLICK HERE to read all about it and join us! Leave me a comment so I know to check out your blog to see your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment