Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 11

Day 10: One-On-One Fountain of Youth Yoga, Calories burned: 105, average heartrate 87
Day 11: Gameday, Calories burned: 450, average heartrate 135

Gameday is a great workout, although long at 60 minutes. It hits several different sports: track and field, soccer, football, wrestling, speed skating, swimming, baseball, rock climbing. There's tons of variety, so you're always doing something different, and oh, my gosh...when it's 75* at 7:00 in the morning, you're seriously always sweating. I'm getting stronger, but I'm a little afraid that my endurance is waning a bit. The thing is...that's totally not a big deal. Until next Friday night. When I have to run 3.5 miles. And there has just been no way I've had time for double workouts in over a week, and no running has taken place. Ugh! 

Last night, Relief was on the agenda, but I really needed more than 25 minutes, so I popped in some yoga. I commented to a friend that Asylum is making me strong. The slow pushups and the pushups between vinyasas usually kick my butt, but last night...they really didn't feel like that big of a deal. I sweat like crazy, but wasn't wiped out by the end of the workout. It gave me exactly what I needed at the end of the chaos of the day. If only my house had cleaned itself while I did the workout...

This whole week, actually, feels like chaos. In addition to working through some totally normal and expected tween hormonal craziness, I had a cake that took SOOO much longer than I expected to spend on it, and on the hottest day of the summer so far, of course (and add that to the cake that I had 2.5 hours notice on...smack in the middle of Crazy Cake preparation). Working with fondant when it's 95 outside is pretty much an exercise in futility. The gumpaste did not want to dry--even the flowers and butterflies I made the day before weren't firm when I wanted to put them on the cake. And rice krispy treat turrets? Yeah right. Those babies were skewered into the cake to the point that, seriously, they couldn't move. I tried to press a brick pattern into the fondant...it laughed at me. By that point...I did not laugh back. Also...tomorrow night is my 20th High School Reunion. Yes. That's right. TWENTIETH. And I don't have a clue what I'm wearing. Oh, I've shopped. Dresses and tops and shorts and capris and pants...I'm about at the point where I think I'll go in jean shorts and a tank top. 

Not really. 

But it's tempting. 

Have to take the baby and hopefully a helpful child with me when I go (again. for the third time)(i hate the mall) this morning. At some point I also need to color my hair, highlight it, make 3 batches of cupcakes and three different frostings (did I mention it's going to be 88 today?), deal with the disaster the house became during the cake crazies, make sure the kids are packed for the weekend, learn a new song I am supposed to lead for worship this weekend, get the girls to a horse lesson, go to worship rehearsal, and do my nails. Which I keep breaking. 

AAK. 

I need to get to work. 

Also, I have the best kids. Who have recently discovered how fun it is to have a little one around the house. Not sure what took them so long, but glad they did. On my busy days and when I need their help...I am glad AND grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment