Monday, July 11, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook, 7/11/11

Outside my window...it's HOT. but it's sunny. and not snowing. works for me.

I am thinking...that standing here in front of my computer is a respite from the reality that my girls...are grown-up enough for teen camp. right. now.
 
I am thankful for...air conditioning. my son's best friend.

I am wearing...grey tank, plaid button-down short, denim shorts
  
I am remembering...my first day of teen camp, Chambers, 1984.

I am creating...the keep-Bryson-busy-while-his-sisters-are-away-without-going-completely-crazy-or-spending-a-small-fortune schedule for this week.

I am going...to be one tired mama by Friday. ;) 

I am reading...Breaking Free by Beth Moore.
 
I am hoping...for the best week for my girls. that they grow. love. learn. stretch.
 
On my mind... so very much.

From the learning rooms... learning rooms? what learning rooms??

Noticing that...when my kids are gone, my house is ridiculously clean. and i like it cluttery better.
 
From the kitchen...mint chocolate chip ice cream mixing in the ice cream maker we got for a screaming deal at Walmart yesterday...

Around the house...everything left over from packing the girls for camp. holy nightmarish process.

One of my favorite things... thunderstorms.
 
Praying for...focus. the ability to "praise him in this storm."

A picture thought... 



The girls and their girls... ;)
A few plans for this week... Nerf camp. Drive-In movies. Campfires. Swimming Lessons. Sleepovers. Missing my girlybugs. Lots and lots of that one.



If you enjoy dwelling on the simple things in life and want to participate in this, CLICK HERE to read all about it and join us! Leave me a comment so I know to check out your blog to see your post!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Min!! I need to get busy with my reading!! Have you had Bryson painting rocks yet?? Make a rock family garden....that's my plan for this endless summer. When we move in, there will be a coconut family garden....I know, I know, but I'm trying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I remember my first day at Chambers Camp, too... probably in '87 or '88... was not a pleasant day for me. But I liked a lot of the days thereafter. Ah, boy drama.
    Breaking Free is one of my fav's, btw!

    ReplyDelete