Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook, Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Outside my window...rain. serious rain. and worms on the sidewalks.

I am thinking...about how wonderful it will be when the last box is unpacked, and the last piece of furniture is moved in.
I am thankful for ... the freedom to move at our own pace. being ahead of schedule with school.

I am wearing...light wash jeans, a turquoise, long-sleeved, v-neck wrap-style shirt.

I am remembering...how obnoxious this big red dog was six months ago...and realizing how charming she is now.
I am creating...a home.
I am going... to sit quietly for just a little while longer, then read to my kids.

I am reading...My Utmost for His Highest and the study guide. Again.

I am hoping... to figure out which books to keep and which books to toss, and to have the motivation to rehearse more music today.

On my mind...where I am. who I am. how to do this and do it well.

From the learning rooms... Astronomy. lots and lots of astronomy.

Noticing that... my children thrive in their own space. they are different here.

From the kitchen... the urge to bake. and cook. :) feels so good.
Around the house...chaos in the form of 12 boxes of books, 2 boxes of decorations, 3 boxes to go to good will, 2 boxes to go to my sisters, and a box in each of the kids rooms of decorative stuff. sigh.
One of my favorite things... organization.

Praying for...peace for my children.

A verse to share..."“For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.” - 2 Corinthians 5:14-15

A few plans for this week... unpacking. sorting. schooling. adjusting to Maisie for the week. singing a lot. snuggling my monkeys.
If you enjoy dwelling on the simple things in life and want to participate in this, CLICK HERE to read all about it and join us! Leave me a comment so I know to check out your blog to see your post!

2 comments:

  1. Min, you are ALREADY doing it well and with grace and class. It's a journey and I know you will be ok! Sending you love and light and blessings and hugs today, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only sticking my tongue out a little at the thought of you being ahead in school. We're going to be schooling through June this year, and it'll be the first time we've needed to do that. This has been one amazingly hectic school year!

    ReplyDelete