Monday, December 6, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook, Dec. 6, 2010



Outside my window...the sky is spitting snowflakes, and it's just covering the sidewalks and roadways...i keep waiting to hear we'll get measurable snowfall...it will come.

I am thinking...about how quickly my babies are becoming...not so much babies.
 
I am thankful for... hehe...the internet.
 
I am wearing...an amethyst, hooded, big-buttoned sweater, a slightly lighter purple, long-sleeved t-shirt, dark boot-cut jeans, warm socks.
  
I am remembering...how much i love Christmas music...but also that last year, i said i needed to find new Christmas music...and how...there really isn't new Christmas music.

I am creating...a Christmas wishlist. i am not good at wishlists.

I am going...to rent a car. 

I am reading...The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. still. has to be read by Friday!! 5 chapters to go.
 
I am hoping...for snow. lots of it.
 
On my mind...love. and whether or not i do it well.

From the learning rooms...lessons on the brain, the fall of the Roman Empire, the spread of Christianity, a focus on times tables and general math facts, Christmas crafting.

Noticing that...decorating for Christmas totally sets the tone for the season for me. decorating my parents' house for Christmas...makes me long for my own place to decorate.
 
From the kitchen...absolutely nothing. recovering from a weekend of 2 extravagant cakes, 4 dozen elegant cupcakes, and 72 cheesecake truffles.

Around the house...it's beginning to look like Christmas.

One of my favorite things...being surrounded by family and people i love.
 
Praying for...peace. still.

A verse to share...So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son. John 1:14
A lyric or two... 

Love is not proud
Love does not boast
Love after all
Matters the most
Love does not run
Love does not hide
Love does not keep locked in side
Love is the river that flows through
Love never fails you

Love will sustain
Love will provide
Love will not cease at the end of time
Love will protect
Love always hopes
Love still believes when you don't
Love is the arms that are holding you
Love never fails you

When my heart won't make a sound
When i can't turn back around
When the sky is falling down
Nothing is greater than this
Greater than this

Love is right here
Love is alive
Love is the way, the truth, the life
Love is the river that flows through
Love is the arms that are holding you
Love is the place you will fly to
Love never fails you

Brandon Heath "Love Never Fails"




A few plans for the week....picking up our angel tree gift, going for ice cream with my friend, picking up my rental car, hoping the insurance figures itself out, starting Christmas shopping, hanging out with my sister-friends, without kids, for a night of our favorite high school movies, pizzas-the-kids-wouldn't-eat, and conversation...

No comments:

Post a Comment